VALUES - VISION - BELIEFS
Be Authentic! – Authenticity, integrity, openness, and sincerity will define us. "The goal of our instruction is love, from a good conscience, a pure heart, and a sincere faith." (1 Timothy 1:5)
Authority is in God’s Word – God's Word is our guide, authority and conscience in everything. “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.” (2 Timothy 3:16)
Grace is Greater . . . – We are completely dependent on the grace of God. Because we have received His amazing grace, we eagerly extend it to others. “God's law was given so that all people could see how sinful they were. But as people sinned more and more, God's wonderful grace became more abundant.” (Romans 5:20)
Everyone is Valuable – Our value is found in Christ, regardless of age, ethnicity, physical well-being, or socioeconomic level. Everyone has an essential part to play in the body of Christ. “ For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.” (1 Corinthians 12:12-13)
Community is Key – We love and care for our church community. “Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing. . . And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all.” (1 Thessalonians 5:11; 14)
The Gospel is Mobile – The Good News of new life in Jesus Christ motivates us to go into our local community and the world and share it with everyone. “And then he (Jesus) told them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.’ ” (Mark 16:15)
The Spirit is Alive in Us – We rely on the power of the Holy Spirit for every aspect of Christian living and for the mission that God has given us. “The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you." (Romans 8:11)
The vision of New Life Church is simple: To see people who are far from God discover new life in Jesus Christ.
We fulfill this vision by taking people on a journey of
discovery that is represented by three powerful words:
LIVE. GROW. THRIVE.
LIVE: To discover new life in Jesus Christ.
GROW: To grow in our relationship with God and others.
THRIVE: To make a difference through service to God, our families, friends, community and the world; living the amazing life God always intended for humanity.
We believe that worshiping Jesus should be fulfilling
& refreshing. Not only is it a wonderful gift to have access
to the presence of God, but it's also a blessing that He chooses to
"inhabit in the praises of his people". We look forward to being able to lift up our voices in praise and study the Word of God together, anticipating that He will breath new life into us with every encounter.
Here is what NEW LIFE Believes . . .
- We believe there is only one true God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 32:39, Matthew 28:19, 1 John 5:7)
About Jesus Christ:
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. That He is God with the Father and the Holy Ghost. (John 1:1-4, 1 Timothy 3:16)
- We believe that Jesus was miraculously born from the Virgin Mary. (Matthew 1:18-24)
- We believe Jesus lived a sinless life. (2 Corinthians 5:21, 1 John 3:5)
- We believe Jesus was crucified and rose from the dead on the third day. (John 19:41-20:20)
- We believe Jesus ascended to heaven and will return to establish His eternal Kingdom. (Acts 1:9-11, Matthew 25:31,Revelation 20:4-6)
- We believe in the absolute Lordship of Jesus Christ and that faith in Him is the only way a person may be saved and enter Heaven. (Daniel 7:13-14, Colossians 1:13-18, John 14:6, Romans 5:1)
About the Holy Spirit:
- We believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit and that they are in operation in the church today. (1 Corinthians 12:1-11, Romans 11:29)
- We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit that enables a believer to live a holy life. (2 Peter 1:2-4, 1John 3:4-6,9, Galatians 5:16)
About the Bible:
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, authoritative, Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:15,16)
- We believe a person is saved by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- We believe the spirit-filled life is God's plan for each individual today. (Acts 2:1-4, 8:14-17, 10:44-48, and 19:1-6)
- We believe in eternal life for the saved and eternal damnation for the lost. (1 John 2:24-25, Revelation 20:15, Revelation 14:10-11)
- People are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. People are the supreme object of God's creation. Although every person has tremendous potential for good, all of us are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God. This attitude, called sin, separates people from God and causes many problems in life. (Genesis 1:27; Psalms 8:3-6; Romans 3:23; Isaiah 59:1-2)
- We believe that God does not desire anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance and be saved. (2 Peter 3:9, 1 Timothy 2:4)
- We believe that Heaven and Hell are real places. (2 Corinthians 12:1-4, Revelation 4:1-2, Mark 9:42-48, Revelation 20:11-15)
- We believe in the bodily, personal, second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, the resurrection of the saints, the millennium, and the final judgment. (1 Thessalonians 4:16,17, Romans 8:23, Titus 2:13, 1 Corinthians 15:51,52, Revelation 1:7, Revelation 19:11-14, Revelation 20:1-6)
- We believe that the final judgment will determine the eternal status of both the saints and the unbelievers, determined by their relationship to Jesus Christ (Matthew 25:46, Mark 9:43-48, Revelation 19:20, Revelation 20:11-15, Revelation 21:8)
Click on the link to get a detailed look at the Assembly of God's Statement of Fundamental Truths.